Reading time 3 minutes
Go to Uptown for a great evening. Photo via Uptown Birmingham
Uptown Birmingham has everything you need for a great family night out, girls night out or a date night. With live entertainment, sports games, and activities for everyone to plan the perfect night. Check out all that Uptown has to offer.
Swing at Topgolf. Photo via Topgolf Birmingham
The best way to start a night? With entertainment, of course! Uptown Birmingham has several great ways to start your night.
- Topgolf: After a topgolf trip, you will never want to play mini golf again. Topgolf has state-of-the-art technology that tracks the accuracy and distance of each shot with microchip golf balls. The game is suitable for all skill levels so don’t be afraid if you are an amateur golfer.
- BJCC: The BJCC is the heart of live entertainment in Birmingham. Over the years the Birmingham Jefferson Convention Center has hosted concerts featuring the likes of Elvis and Rihanna, Lego conventions, the Southern Women’s Show, and even monster truck rallies. This winter the Birmingham Squadron will call the BJCC Legacy Arena their home and the newly built Protective Stadium is the new home of UAB Football.
- Alabama Sports Hall of Fame: Take a trip back in time at the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame. Find memorabilia from iconic coaches and athletes like Bobby Bowden, Bear Bryant, Mia Hamm, and Terrell Owens.
to eat and drink
Visit Texas de Brazil for an experience everyone will love. Photo via Texas de Brazil
After golfing, a concert or a game, it’s time to eat. Fortunately, Uptown has plenty of options.
- Eugene’s Hot Chicken: Eugene’s serves Nashville-style hot chicken and a range of delicious side dishes. If you’re not a fan of heat, don’t worry, the Southern and Lemon Pepper flavors are not spicy but still juicy.
- Your Pie: This is the place for pizza lovers. Your Pie takes a made from scratch, hand-tossed batter and piles it up with toppings of your choice. Do you want a vegetarian pizza while your boyfriend wants all the meat? No problem. At Your Pie, it really is your cake.
- The Southern Kitchen & Bar: Southern Kitchen takes the southern cuisine you know and love and combines it with the sociable atmosphere that you can only find in Uptown. Dishes include shrimp and grits, southern stir fry, fried green tomatoes, and more.
- Mugshots Bar and Grill: If you are a burger lover, mugshots will become your second home. They have a wide variety of funky named burgers like Da Big Kahuna, Gamble, and Cliff’s Comeback Burgers. My personal favorite is Stu’s Magic Mushroom Burger with Swiss cheese, sautéed mushrooms and bacon.
- Texas de Brazil: This is for the steak fans. Texas de Brazil is an all-you-can-eat Brazilian steak house with a chef-made salad bar and a variety of authentic Brazilian dishes. Here you can enjoy Filet Migon wrapped in bacon, lamb chops, pork loin with parmesan crust or one of the other 13 types of meat.
- Todd English PUB: After dinner, the next thing is drinks. Todd English PUB offers over 100 premium beers in addition to its American home-style menu. Go there to watch games on the big screens then hang out on the deck for the whole uptown experience.
The BJCC has a full house on event evenings. Photo via BJCC
Remember when we said Uptown has great entertainment? Well, here are some events for this month.
Have you planned your perfect night in Uptown? Let us know @BhamNow
Marvel-loving, cardio-hating senior at UAB. ✨