Here are the top water users in the Las Vegas Valley

0
21
Here are the top water users in the Las Vegas Valley

LAS VEGAS (KTNV) – The state of Nevada, along with several other states, is experiencing exceptional drought conditions.

In Las Vegas, residents have mandatory water restrictions.

The Las Vegas Water District released a list of the highest residential water consumers for 2020 and here they are:

The largest private water consumer in 2020 was Spanish Gate Holdings, which consumed more than 12 million gallons of water. Spanish Gate Holdings is the official owner of a site built by Prince Jefri Bolkiah, brother of the Sultan of Brunei.

READ ALL THE STORIES ABOUT THE DURKE CRISIS

The list includes some of the famous names in Las Vegas including Lorenzo Fertitta, casino mogul Stephen Wynn, magician David Copperfield, Jerry Herbst, basketball player DeMarcus Cousins, Carlo Ferreira, lawyer Robert Eglet, Phyllis Binion, restaurant owner and filmmaker Nico Santucci, Blake Sartini and Karen Goff of Golden Entertainment.

LIST OF TOP RESIDENTIAL USERS

The largest commercial users include several golf clubs (Angel Park, Red Rock, and Southern Highlands GOlf CLub), casinos (Venetian, Wynn, Caesars Palace, and Mandalay Bay), Canyon Gate Country Club, Summerlin North Community Association, and others.

LIST OF TOP COMMERCIAL USERS

Biggest users in the city of Henderson include Vegas.com founder Daniel Greenspun, Stephanie Landrum, Steven Weiss, Grace Ward, Bruce Woolen, Donna Jenkin, Lake Las Vegas, Rhonda Graff, and boxer Michael Tyson.

DOWNLOAD LIST OF TOP HENDERSON USERS

Las Vegas gets 90% of its water from the Colorado River, which flows into Lake Mead. Lake Mead is currently at its lowest level in history. The other 10 percent of southern Nevada’s urban water supply comes from groundwater, according to the Southern Nevada Water Authority.

According to the Las Vegas Water District, Nevada is facing the first mandatory water reduction next year.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here