For the first time in 94 years, the best golfers from the European and American men’s teams meet in the state of Wisconsin for one of the most traditional golf competitions: the Ryder Cup.
Wisconsin’s state slogan is America’s Dairyland, making it one of the leading milk producers in the country. With this in mind, adidas Golf has brought together a herd of its designers to create a limited edition Stan Smith golf shoe that pays tribute to the animals that are responsible for the distinctive Wisconsin title: The cows.
The Stan Smith is a classic silhouette that adidas first introduced to golf earlier this year. adidas continues the tradition with this model, which has an all-white upper, a playful one spotted cow print on the midsole and a touch of pink (expresses) on the outsole.
The special insoles continue the dotted motif, which contains a logo of a fictional club – “Dairyland Golf Club” – in honor of this historical place. As with all of our Stan Smith Golf models, the upper is partially made from recycled materials, all part of adidas’ mission as a brand to END PLASTIC WASTE.
“Knowing how expected this event would be, we wanted to do something different and unexpected,” said Masun Denison, Global Footwear Director, adidas Golf. “We have done a few designs around this competition in the past and thought it would be fun to look at the site as a whole, not just something that focuses on the two teams. This America’s Dairyland idea kept coming back to us, so we decided to have some fun with it. “
This limited edition Stan Smith Golf features an adiwear spikeless rubber outsole with traction, inspired by the shoe’s original sole design. A punched PU insole and additional PU cushioning have been incorporated into the midsole to provide golf-specific support with every step. The Dairyland version is also waterproof (one year guarantee) to keep your feet dry “until the cows come home”.
There are some subtle features that make adidas Golf truly unique, such as a special “MOOO” label from the cow itself on the tongue and a shoe pocket that has the motif with the dot print from END PLASTIC WASTE and “Dairyland Golf Club” carries “logos.
This limited edition version of the Stan Smith Golf will be available in limited quantities on adidas.com, the adidas app and selected retail partners worldwide from Monday, September 20th.
Cover picture Via Adidas
- STYLE: adidas Golf Release Limited Edition Dairyland-inspired golf shoes – September 16, 2021
- TECH: Shot Scope calculates that Team USA will win the Ryder Cup in 2021 – September 16, 2021
- Perform optimally with DriveForce and finish your laps strong – September 15, 2021
- Who is this guy?!? | Dustin Johnson shaves his beard – September 2, 2021
- IN TREND: Netflix offers an inside look through the PGA TOUR documentary series – September 2, 2021
- BREAKING: Club Champion is offering FREE putter fittings in September! – September 2, 2021
- STYLE: ECCO GOLF unveils Fall / Winter 2021 collection – September 1, 2021
- STYLE: adidas Golf debuts ZG21 Motion and ZG21 Motion BOA – September 1, 2021
- ON TREND: Bryson DeChambeau partners with Club Champion – August 25, 2021
- TECH: Bushnell Golf releases iON Edge GPS watch – August 24, 2021
Show all posts