Mario Golf Super Rush has breathed new life into the sporty side of the legendary Nintendo franchise, but defeating the Snow King is no easy task despite his lovable nature.
Nintendo’s fun sports title, Mario Golf Super Rush, was unveiled to the world on June 25th. With a roster of 16 new characters, new game modes, and more, the title is a whole different look for the Mario Golf series.
However, as you near the end of your putting journey, you will meet the Snow King. In Adventure Mode, this pesky snowman can be quite a difficult opponent.
Fortunately, here we have everything you need to know about the boss’s three different phases to get you melted through his health in no time.
YouTube: release fireDespite his cute looks, the Snow King is quite a fearsome opponent.
How to beat the Snow King in Mario Golf Super Rush
Defeating the Snow King is no easy task. Stretched over three separate segments (each representing a different part of its snowy body), you need to lace up your golf shoes and prepare to cause some havoc.
To defeat the Snow King you need to do the following:
- Destroy his force field: Use the provided bob ombs to destroy the crystals that power the shield. Approach them and click “A” then aim your shot. You just take a hit everyone.
- Remember that the Bob ombs take a while to reappearSo make every shot count.
- To make sure you are effectively destroying the field, wait until the Snow King has used his area attack and then quickly fire the bob-ombs. If he attacks you while you are preparing to put, you will take great damage and have to wait a long time for another Bob-omb to appear.
- Once the force field is down hit him with a couple of bob-ombs Start phase 2.
- Destroy his force field again: Force field round two anyone? This time there are four crystals, and the angry snowman is much more relentless. However, as soon as the shield is down, it begins to close Throw massive snowballs with you (see above.)
- For effective shots, use yours Long distance drivers and 3 short wood.
- If he starts this one-sided snowball fight, either hit him with the bob-omb while he builds the snowball, or wait until he throws it, dodge and then bonk him.
- DO NOT destroy his force field: Yes you’ve read correctly. While the crystals are resurfacing, there is no point hitting them. Instead, you have to wait for him to throw a snowball Dodge it and use the elevated pile of snow it creates to launch your final attack.
- The Snow King throws a spiked ice ball at the player when he is in the right place. To parry it Timing your shot just right to activate the power of the flame.
- You need either nice or excellent timing to repel the shot.
YouTube: release fireIf you followed these steps, you will overthrow the Tyrant King in no time!
Keep an eye on your body temperature
While all of this is happening, watch your body temperature meter in the upper right, which acts as a timer for the level. When your body temperature falls to 0, then you will be lose automatically the fight.
If you struggle with this, unlock these items from the Bowser Highland Clubhouse to help you out:
- Heat clothing (1,000 coins) – reduces damage from gimmicks.
- Snowshoes (800 coins) – reduces the loss of speed in the snow.
That’s all you have to do to take down this evil icy regent. If you want to get into the Mario Golf: Super Rush Hall of Fame, check out our other guides:
Mario Golf Super Rush: Characters, Special Moves, Game Modes & Features | How to unlock all courses in Mario Golf Super Rush | All Mario Golf Super Rush Special Shots & Special Dashes