IF you are thinking of a unique hobby that will later pay you back with huge dividends, try collecting authentic sports memorabilia.
Signed jerseys, autographed posters, a shoe that was worn by a famous athlete with his signature, a baseball that was thrown by a legendary player, even a souvenir T-shirt or a pennant, these things have enormous monetary value, simple because they were immortalized by their famous owners, a historical sporting moment or a legendary place.
Rabid collectors of sports memorabilia hunt for their treasure from everywhere. They travel, they join groups of collectors, they look for fellow collectors to buy their collections or order online. Now it’s easier for Pinoy lovers to collect authentic sports memorabilia. The only trusted authorized internet retailer for authenticated signed sports memorabilia is now in the Philippines. They are Hall of Fame Authentics or HOFA.
Through this online-based provider, fans of various sports can get their coveted signed memorabilia from basketball, boxing, baseball, soccer, hockey, golf and soccer athletes around the world. A wide variety of items ranging from signed and even game worn uniforms, hats, jackets, shoes, posters, balls, etc. are just a click away. HOFA was launched in 2018 and offers over 5,000 choices of 100% authenticated signed items by various athletes – supplied by world-famous brands such as Upper Deck, Panini and Fanatics.
Read more below ↓
Read more below ↓
Sports Memorabilia Collection 101
How do you start this special and unique hobby? HOFA owner and managing partner Ron Uy offers a 101:
Collecting sports memorabilia doesn’t always have to be about GOATs like Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Tom Brady, Kobe Bryant or Floyd Mayweather. Experienced collectors reach for the legends, all-stars and superstars, but you can also start with promising rookies or role-players and end with a lucrative catch. HOFA has items for different budgets with merchandise from a wide variety of athletes – from beginners to veterans to retired superstars. To get started, here are a few steps fans should consider and consider before diving all-in.
- Focus on the sport you love– Pick the sport that you have a very strong connection with. Maybe your dad taught you to love the game when you were little. Maybe you fell in love with her yourself. Twenty or thirty years later, you still have the same love and passion for the sport. Buy memorabilia based on this sport.
- Celebrate your favorite team–Families often have favorite teams. Move your family banner up by choosing a team item. Or maybe there is a team that you admire through and through and appreciate everything about it. Look for jerseys, t-shirts, signed posters or shoes that show your loyalty to your favorite team.
- Honor your favorite player– There will always be sports fans loyal to certain athletes through the ups and downs of their careers. Take LeBron James. He has played for three different NBA teams, but his fans from all over the world support him wherever he plays. Owning a thing or two signed by your idol, whoever he or she is, will be a treasure forever.
- Search the website for the specific item you like – Not all jerseys, hats, t-shirts or posters are created equal. Pick the one that suits your tastes or that really speaks to you. Pay attention to the color, consider the design. Most important is the price. Make the necessary advantages and disadvantages. Then make your decision.
- Follow the steps.After you have made your decision on hofa.ph, select the memorabilia you would like to own and place them in the shopping cart. Enter your details and check out. You will receive a confirmation email with further instructions. You can also send a message to HOFA directly on Facebook and Instagram to ask if the product you want is available even before you buy it. All HOFA items include 12% VAT and are available through various options such as credit card, PayPal, installment payments and even layaway plans. Product arrives between 2 to 4 weeks.
- Enjoy!– The long-awaited signed ball or boxing glove or baseball cap is finally here. It comes in a secure display case that you can display and admire every day. Remember that golden moment when your favorite team or athlete made history. Michael Jordan’s contracted basketball? Wayne Gretsky’s hockey helmet? Tom Brady’s football shirt? Tiger Woods golf shoes? It’s yours now.
Read more below ↓
MORE OF SPIN
The best part about starting your memorabilia collection through an online store like hofa.ph is that you can make your sports dreams come true without leaving your home.
We are in Quento now! to enjoy more articles and videos from SPIN.ph and other Summit Media sites.