Island Resort & Casino, located just outside Escanaba on Michigan’s scenic Upper Peninsula, home to award-winning Sweetgrass and Sage Run golf courses, will now be able to add sports betting entertainment to your golf vacation. TwinSpires, the official online betting site for Churchill Downs and the Kentucky Derby, announced its official partnership with the resort in January.
With TwinSpires, golfers can now enhance their gaming experience by betting on their favorite sports such as the PGA Tour, NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS and many more at one of the convenient 14 kiosks in T.McC’s Sports Bar. TwinSpires Sportsbook offers various betting options: straight bets, parlay bets, teaser bets, live bets, futures and proposition bets.
Golfers who want to combine the best of golf and sports betting should take a golf trip around one of the major sporting events in spring, summer or autumn, such as the PGA championship in May, the US Open and the NBA final in June, Open Championship in August, Ryder Cup and College / NFL Football in September and October.
Speaking of golf, designed by Paul Albanese, Sweetgrass features an open layout with some of the game’s funniest greens for putting (Redan, Biarritz, Island and Double-Green), as well as some wonderful strategic holes, including the famous Island Green # 15 (pictured above ) and spectacular par-5 holes on each side. The course on which the Island Resort Championship of the Symetra Tour is held is part of the Golfweek Best courses, and was named by GOLF Magazine and Golf Digest Best in the state Selection.
Sage Run, also designed by Albanese, offers a contrasting style from its sister seat. The course that is on the prestigious list of Golf Digest Best New Courses Course In 2019, it meanders through beautiful Upper Peninsula hardwoods, open vistas, and a very dramatic ridge that offers a scenic variety of strokes that provide an exhilarating thrill for golfers. The course annually hosts some of the best college players with The Island Resort Collegiate at Sage Run.
The growing popularity of golf and gaming at Island Resort has created the need for a $ 30 million expansion which will be completed in winter 2021. The renovation includes more than 100 new hotel rooms connected to the south end of the currently 11-story Palm Tower, a high-end restaurant and meeting rooms are also planned on the top floor, and a new swimming pool with water park attractions.
Cover photo via Instagram
- EA SPORTS PGA TOUR adds Torrey Pines and The Country Club in Brookline – June 18, 2021
- EQUIPMENT: Dustin Johnson Partners with LA Golf Shafts – June 15, 2021
- STYLE: STITCH Golf Releases 4 Limited Edition Colorways for SL2 Carry Bag – June 14, 2021
- TRAVEL: Destination Kohler debuts The Baths of Blackwolf Run, Par-3 Short Course – June 10, 2021
- STYLE: adidas Golf is taking another step towards sustainability with CODECHAOS21 – June 9, 2021
- IN TREND: Some additional (last minute) Father’s Day gifts in 2021 – June 9, 2021
- BREAKING: Arccos offers a limited release link to the “Black Edition” – June 3, 2021
- Golficity’s 2021 Father’s Day Gift Guide – May 30th, 2021
- STYLE: Improve posture and wellbeing with wearable therapeutic clothing from FORME – May 28, 2021
- HYPOCRITES: PGA Tour promotes social media, but withdraws viral posts – May 27, 2021
Show all posts