Welcome back, RotoBaller! As always, please see my weekly table at the link below to begin your Wyndham Championship research. Once you’ve made a copy, you are free to weigh the categories as you like and I always love to hear the success you have found using the model. Thank you again for your support and have a successful week!
If you have any questions about a specific player from a PGA DFS or PGA betting perspective, please reach out to Spencer on Twitter @Teeoffsports.
Many golfers hardly miss being mentioned here by a fraction of a percent, and I am more than happy to speak of my feelings or attitudes towards anyone you may have noticed. As always, the purpose of this article is to help you put together your optimal daily fantasy golf lineups for DraftKings, be it from a GPP perspective or a cash game mentality. Also, read all of our other top notch PGA DFS weekly articles to help you win big!
Recommended Promotion: Golf is back! Take part and win big with RotoBaller. Get our PGA and DFS Premium Pass for the entire season for a 50% discount! Our exclusive DFS Lineup Optimizer, Research Station, DFS Projections and weekly DFS / betting articles! Join Now!
PGA DFS Ranking Assistant – Tour Championship
We have a special treat for all RotoBallers and golf enthusiasts. In addition to this article, check out Spencer’s PGA DFS Rankings Wizard – a powerful and interactive data table that enables user input to create custom rankings and models for the sport of golf. If you want to create your own table, you have to make a copy under “File”. We hope you like it!
7,350 yards – par 70 – greens Bermuda
The staggered starting positions for the Tour Championship will give us a unique format to analyze, but I think it’s important to remember that players starting 10th behind have their hands full to actually win the title. East Lake is not a place to take shots in bundles, as evidenced by the winning score (non-bonus starting amount), which usually ends at around 12-13 under par. Golfers starting the event from far behind need several facets to get in properly if they are to run a run for the riches, including the fact that the top of the board will stall. In the last 45 events I’ve followed after day one, only four golfers came six or more strokes behind (less than nine percent). With that said, I think the board is an opportunity to open up more than usual.
East Lake is a demanding test that ensures everyone gets their payday. The par fours on the property are long, and it’s important to keep a clean scorecard until you have an opportunity to strike. These edges usually come on the two par-five – each giving a birdie rate of over 40 percent, which comes with a small chance for Eagle. Rory McIlroy won nearly 53% of his total score at these two locations in 2019, and Dustin Johnson maintained his lead by posting 55% of his punches there too, which he won that week.
The greens are made of Bermuda grass with shaved drains, and it’s important to miss shots in the correct quadrant. Golfers who end up missing their mark must be able to take shots around the green, and there are 74 bunkers and six water hazards at the venue. Perhaps more than most weeks we also need to look at mental strength. With $ 15 million at stake, there will be no room for error under the pressure.
Note: For an exclusive and detailed look at this week’s course, check out RotoBaller’s Premium Course Breakdown by Josh Bennett.
Let’s look at the statistics
|statistics||Baltic Sea||Tour average|
|The distance to be traveled||290||282|
|Average three putts per round||0.44||0.55|
In Vegas from Monday Patrick Cantlay leads with 4/1, followed by Jon Rahm and Bryson DeChambeau with 5/1, Tony Finau with 6/1 and Justin Thomas with 16/1.
- GIR + APP (L24) – 17.5%
- Accuracy + OTT – 15%
- SG total Donald Ross 20%
- SG Bermuda 15% total
- Par-five birdie or better 12.5%
- Par-Four + Bogey Avoidance 10%
- Three-Putt + Saving Sand + ATG 10%
Fantasy Golf Lineup Picks for DraftKings (PGA DFS)
We have tons of great weekly PGA articles, DFS analysis, tools, and DFS advice. Also check out our other fantastic articles on this week’s event.
High-priced DraftKings DFS players
This week there are seven players with a prize of over $ 11,000:
- Safest Game: Jon Rahm ($ 13,000) – The only real criticism for Jon Rahm is that he ended up between 6th and 13th in East Lake in his four starts, if we remove the starting strokes from the equation. That being said, the Spaniard plays the best golf of his career and a Tour Championship win seems to be on the table.
- The biggest advantage: Justin Thomas ($ 11,000) – We need a blast if a golfer wants to come back from multiple strokes and Justin Thomas offers just that at 4 under par. Thomas has got two 11 under par results here in the last four years and has been on all five since 2016 Starts among the top 10.
- Favorite GPP Game: Tony Finau ($ 11,800) – Favorite may be the wrong terminology, but Tony Finau has more ways of capturing this title than some believe. He’s been solid at East Lake in the past, and every turn with his par-five scoring should give him a real chance.
- Fade: None – However, Patrick Cantlay ($ 13,400) would be the one I’m least inclined to play. DeChambeau’s range of results at this event could be more extensive than any other considering him in the GPPs, and Cantlay must also be considered because of his lack of ownership and lead. I have some concerns about its past at this venue, but I could be confident if the threshold drops to around 10%
Did you know that RotoBaller is a Premium DFS PGA subscription?
Do you like what you read today? You can show your support for Spencer by using a promo code TEEOFF when purchasing a PGA Premium Pass. You will receive a 10% discount and full access to all of our premium PGA articles, DFS tools and Lineup Optimizers!
DraftKings DFS player in the middle price segment
9,000- $ 10,000 range
- Safest game: Rory McIlroy ($ 9,300) – Rory has dominated East Lake in his career, but it won’t come without a property pushback.
- The biggest advantage: Cameron Smith ($ 10,100) – Smith appears to have the best combination of starting point and edge to take a real title storm.
- Favorite GPP Game: None
- Fading: Dustin Johnson ($ 10,700) and Jordan Spieth ($ 10,400)
- Most Likely Winner: Rory McIlroy ($ 9,300) – That represents some real choices that we have to make
$ 7,000 – $ 8,000 range
- Safest game: Xander Schauffele ($ 8,900)
- The biggest advantage: Viktor Hovland ($ 8,000)
- Favorite GPP game: Louis Oosthuizen ($ 7,600)
- Fading: None
- Most Likely Winner: Sungjae Im ($ 7,300)
Inexpensive DraftKings DFS Players to Consider (Under $ 7,000)
- Safest Game: Scottie Scheffler ($ 6,800)
- The biggest advantage: Joaquin Niemann ($ 5,600)
- Favorite GPP game: None
- Fading: Erik Van Rooyen ($ 5,000)
- Most Likely Winner: Scottie Scheffler ($ 6,800)
Win big with RotoBaller
Golf is back and it’s time for you to win big with RotoBaller! Our PGA DFS Premium Package includes several experienced analysts and proven DFS winners.
Our own Joe Nicely recently won a major DraftKings DFS tournament for the Travelers Championship. And as an encore, RotoBaller subscriber @ tenndolly2 won $ 100,000 at FanDuel with the help of Joe and the rest of our premium PGA team:
If you read my @RotoBaller articles or hear @TheTurnGolfPod I told you all that it was #WinningSeason when golf came back! Greetings to the entire @ RotoBallerPGA squad and everyone who supports my work for all of the ️ pic.twitter.com/07a4ynvbSU
– Joe Nicely (@JoeNicely) June 28, 2020
Congratulations @ tenndolly2 ???
Thank you for being a @RotoBaller PGA DFS Premium subscriber and checking out all of the amazing golf content @JoeNicely produces every week! https://t.co/tHKZVsPbbt
– RotoBaller PGA (@RotoBallerPGA) August 10, 2020 Between all of the incredible Premium PGA DFS content and tools we release every week and our Premium Slack community where we chat with our subscribers before the lineups are locked , RotoBaller PGA subscribers are equipped with the tools, analysis and advice to win big in 2020.
More PGA DFS analysis
Also, check out all of our other daily fantasy golf articles and weekly analysis to help you set those winning lineups, including this new RotoBaller YouTube video:
Golf DFS news and player prospects
More PGA analysis and DFS lineup picks