Birdies flew in Vegas on Friday, although the wind picked up the results on Friday were great. For the second year in a row the tournament offered a well below average cut, this year it was five below, knocking out a lot of big names.
PGA DFS Showdown Picks: Shriners Open Round 3
Brooks Koepka Birdie three of his first five holes but was unable to continue or compete with the hottest golfer in the world Sam Burns. Burns shot 63 on Friday and took an additional 4.45 strokes from tee to green. Matthew Wolff was the first to the clip Kang sung | his lead and placed him on 11 before triple on the third hole.
Another trio of names under the radar rose to the leaderboard in the second round, including Adam Hadwin, Andrew Putnam and Olympic silver medalist Rory Sabbatini all bring it to ten under four behind the Friday leaders.
The wind should pick up in the afternoon, but not enough to hold it Sungjae Im and Chad Ramey, both shot their seconds in a solid round and under-punched the 36-hole lead at fourteen. For Im, he won all four stroke win categories in both rounds, while Ramey only lost slightly around the green in round two. Aaron way shot a nine-under 62, the best score of the day.
A bunch of big names came to their final hole and needed a birdie to make the cut, including Webb Simpson, Maverick McNealy and Jason Kokrak. Rickie Fowler also missed a couple of putts on his back nine before missing the cut at one. Louis Oosthuizen continued his strong game into round two, on the heels of a solid daily hit, and won two shots.
Round 2 statistics summary
Strokes Gained Tee to Green
- Talor Gooch
- Sam Burns
- Sungjae Im
- Louis Oosthuizen
- Harry Higgs
Blows from the tea
- Harri Higgs
- Brooks Koepka
- Cameron Davis
- Trey Munnlizx
- Harry Hall
Strokes won on approach
- Talor Gooch
- Russell Henley
- Charley Hoffmann
- Adam Schenk
- Viktor Hovland
Strokes around the green
- Jonas Blixt
- Danny Willett
- Henrik Norlander
- Talor Gooch
- Wyndham Clark
Strokes won while putting
- Chad Ramey
- Taylor Moore
- Adam Schenk
- Andrew Putnam
- Robert Streb
Shriners open round 2 of DraftKings Slate preview
- Blocking time: 9:50 a.m. ET
- Main prize: DraftKings is offering $ 20,000 for first place and $ 60,000 guaranteed for second round.
PGA DFS DraftKings Showdown Picks
The worst weather came today and no problems are expected for the next two years. Golfers who tee off in the morning have had better results over the past two days, giving those who did the chance to get back into the tournament.
Get a $ 50 deposit bonus
Sign up now with the promo code AWESEMO. at
- Louis Oosthuizen ($ 9,500) was close last year but failed to join the circle of winners in all the times he has been near the top. His constant hit on the ball coupled with his excellent putting gave him many opportunities that ultimately came up short. His putter hasn’t fully woken up this week, but his ball stroke is in good shape and shows that the ceiling is quite high when the flat club starts rolling on round 3.
- Charley Hoffman ($ 8,300) seems to be in good shape with his approach play right now. He won four strokes in the first two rounds. easily lose when teeing off. If he can still find a few fairways and place himself even better, he could quickly climb the leaderboard with his good putting and approaching game at the weekend.
- Aaron Wise ($ 7,700) may be an obvious move, but he’s in shape. Sure, the highlight was the nine under 62 on Friday, but even a 66 at that salary would pay off again in the third round. He’s only struggled on Sunday lately so he might as well jump on him before his final lap price can skyrocket.
- Talor Gooch ($ 7,600) looks great after two rounds from tee to green, but the putter hasn’t caught up yet. This week, Burns follows Gooch in the Tee to Green division through two rounds, while Gooch won seven in the first two rounds while losing strokes from the tee. If that clears up over the weekend, his irons should sign, and now his putter counts.
Thank you for reading through to the end of this article! If you appreciate that for free Content and if you want to see more of it every day, you can help us by sharing this article on social media!
Looking for more content for PGA DFS picks? On the Awesemo PGA DFS homepage you will find loads of articles on daily fantasy golf, dates, DraftKings and FanDuel cheat sheets and more.